Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 290 {Reverb11} One Word

Prompt#1: One Word.

Encapsulate the year 2011 in one word. Explain why. Imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2012 for you?     

My word for 2011 was Emerge ({Reverb10 post} – to rise from, to come forth from obscurity, to become evident, to come into existence.  In 2011, I said YES to more things that interested me, things I love and things I have always said I wanted to do but never took the time to do them.  I also became better at saying no to things that took me away from what I love to do or to things that I felt obligated to do.  I was determined make more time for creativity in my life!  I searched out workshops that I could take online to spur my muse.  This is when I discovered self portraiture that led me to absolutely fall in love with photography and look at myself in a whole new light.  I started a blog and challenged myself with a 365 project.  My blog & these workshops have led me to meet (virtually) many like minded souls that have and continue to inspire me.  I also listened to my heart, letting go of things that were holding me back and emerged into a new relationship that continues to prompt me to grow.

My adventure into blog land and challenging myself with the 365 project has led me down some very wonderful paths.  My life has certainly emerged and I am so very grateful I listened to the nudges and followed my heart.  My 365 project has changed how I see every day things in my life.  It has made me notice & appreciate the simple, little things that are so easily overlooked each day.  I wholeheartedly believe this has been such a positive influence and has drawn many wonderful things to me this year.  Humbly grateful.  Beyond. Words.

My word for 2012 is :::insert drum roll here::: RELISH. 

So, the delicious & my fav parts of the definition of relish:

to savour or enjoy an experience to the full
to anticipate eagerly
pleasurable anticipation
an appetite for something; a strong appreciation
hearty enjoyment; zest
something that lends pleasure or zest

Mmmmm, right??!!!

I look forward to relishing in 2012…and I love, love, love thinking of the possibilities and experiences that will arise throughout 2012 with relish as my word for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)