Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reverb10 - Reflection on 2010

December starts a new adventure called Reverb10...to reflect on 2010 and manifest what's next in 2011. Each day there is a writing prompt leading you to examine last year and look ahead to what you want for 2011.

Click here to join in: www.reverb10.com

December 1 - One Word.

Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)
One Word for 2010 - Perseverance

There were so many changes that happened in my life in 2010 - the good, the bad & the ugly - that it took a great deal of perseverance to make it. I kept plugging away reminding myself that God is on my side. I would choose mantras that I could repeat to myself when worry took over. In the Spring, when everything seemed to be spiraling and out of my control, I asked myself "what is ONE thing that you can control right now?". I told myself that I could just do one thing - one positive step in the right direction. The answer...go to pilates class each week. Just go, just do it!! Months later, it has made such a positive change in my life. Taking one thing and working from there...:-)

One Word for 2011 - Emergence

I love this word and this it’s perfect for 2011!! The definition for emerge is – to rise from, to come forth from obscurity, to become evident, to come into existence. I believe with all the steps I’ve taken in 2010, its time to rise & come forth…to use my talents – to stop playing small in life – to live & love with passion.

Yes…emergence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)