Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 302 {Reverb11} Read

Prompt#13 ~ Read.

What article or book changed your outlook on an issue or life?

I would have to say “Eat, Love, Pray”…oh my, now that I think about it – was it this year?  Or last?  Either way, I have to say that a lot of the quotes in that book really made me ponder life – how I looked at it & how I responded to it.

Some quotes…

“There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.”

“Imagine that the universe is a great spinning engine. You want to stay near the core of the thing - right in the hub of the wheel - not out at the edges where all the wild whirling takes place, where you can get frayed and crazy. The hub of calmness - that's your heart. That's where God lives within you. So stop looking for answers in the world. Just keep coming back to that center and you'll always find peace.”

My favorite quote from the book...

“God dwells within you, as you.”

I just LOVE the thought of God dwelling in me as me...makes a lot of things seem more possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)