Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 307 {Reverb11} Teach

Prompt#18 ~ Teach.

What lesson or advice were you able to pass on to others this year? Why was it important to share this information? (Or… what lesson would you like to pass on to others that read this?)

This year has been a year of growing for me.  Every year is – well, every day should be really!  I feel like since I started my blog and named it “beautifully imperfect” that this exact statement has been brought to my attention over & over & over.  I have been very hard on myself over the years – thinking everything needed to be “perfect” – ugh!  I have came to realize that it is OK to be ME.  I don’t have to be perfect – it’s impossible – beauty is in the imperfections and make me uniquely me. 

What I want to pass on – BE YOU – be beautifully imperfect YOU!

This article was posted on Kind Over Matter and I just love, love, love it… about perfection…

{The Perfection I See}

I see you as you are. Whole. Unbroken. Divinely human. Humanly divine.

I see beyond the games you play, where in you pretend to be a mess. Where you pretend to have holes in your heart that you need to fill up. Where you pretend to be that you are any less than amazing.

Those holes are not real. We make them up and try to fill them with this and that.

Yet it never seems to work. We think, “I can’t fill them with anything, so they must be bottomless pits of despair”. We never entertain that they simply do not exist. They feel real, but I see no empty spaces. I see the unexplored. I see painful stories told over and over again. I see the yearning to be shattered, to explain away the hurt. I see the fear of being whole. Unified. The shirking away from what it would mean if we were pristine, amazing beings who were simply never broken.

I see the fruitless searching for more and more avenues to fix yourself in service to reinforcing the notion you are broken. I see you seeking a way out that only leads back in. I see the dalliances with beliefs that no longer work...that life is hard. That struggling is omnipresent. And that the point is to grow a little with each bit of turmoil. We suss out meaning to make the shit seem worth it, rather than wondering why the shit is happening to us the first place. The “why me” question is annoying to some, but often a powerful one to ask. Why you? Why does the chaos reign? Are you stuck in the belief that pain is where transformation happens? What’s the story that tells you that life is hard?

I see the push and pull for something new. Graceful. Loving. Easy. I see the need for the delight. And I see the ache when you live the belief that joy can only come from struggle...that every crack must be filled before happy can shine through. I see the tossing and turning to get it all right.

I, however, see you as alright. Better than. Magnificent. Amazing. Whole. I see you filled completely, with the essence of who you are...love. I see you trying so hard to pretend otherwise...to fit in. To feel better. To be human. But human doesn’t mean wounded. Or hurt. It means alive. It means experience. You do not have to fix the human to feel the divine. You simply have to be in the experience of you to know the energy of source. There is no need to try. Or transcend your present state. You waited a long time to get on this amazing roller coaster. Don’t shut your eyes and pretend you are not good enough to have the ride of your existence. Open your eyes, throw up your hands and love with abandon. Enjoy it. Open your eyes and see what I see. Open your eyes and see the perfection.

Jo Anna Rothman, MA is an intuitive coach and facilitator of The Receiving Project. She revels in assisting people in falling in love with their lives. She is committed to living a life full of pleasure, purpose and enthusiasm. And perhaps most important, she knows the secret to the perfect s’more. 



Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)