Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 292 {Reverb11} Lesson

Prompt#3: Lesson.

 What lesson did you learn in 2011 from “The School of Life” rather than a classroom?

I'm sure like most everyone, there were a lot of lessons learned this year...and every year!  The one thing I've realized about lessons is they don't go away until you learn from them.  I came across this quote and it definitely hit home...

Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. 
It just keeps returning with new names, forms, and manifestations 
until we learn whatever it has to teach us 
about where we are separating ourselves from reality, 
how we are pulling back instead of opening up, 
closing down instead of allowing ourselves
 to experience fully whatever we encounter, 
without hesitating or retreating into ourselves. 
To be fully alive, fully human, 
and completely awake 
is to be continually thrown out of the nest.

 ~ Pema Chodron

I believe this year I have began looking at these lessons differently.  I ask myself better questions, trying to realize what I'm being shown and how I need to grow.  I'm sure this is a life long learning process, but I feel like at least I'm more prepared now to ~ once again ~ be thrown out of the nest...but now, fly!

Flying

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)