Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 297 {Reverb11} Choose

Prompt#8 ~ Choose.

What was the biggest choice you made in 2011? What caused you to choose what you chose?

My biggest choice this year was to let something go.  That decision that had me in a mix of emotions, I let go of a relationship that I kept myself in for years. I knew it was going no where, but I also knew he was a great guy. It just wasn’t meant to be for us. It was very comfortable, we laughed a lot and I truly cared for him, but I wanted more.  I wanted someone to share in my daily life.

I knew by staying I wasn’t allowing myself to experience the type of relationship I truly want to have in my life. There was this knowing what my heart long for coupled with the fear of being totally alone.  I knew I had to "do it afraid" and take that leap into the unknown.  As hard as it was for me, I took that leap. I felt heart broken and lost. Again, fear crept in...again & again...tempting me to go back to what was safe.  I knew in my heart that I had done the right thing, but my head could only dwell on what I had lost.  Then, as the saying goes…when one door closes another opens. Surely it did just that.

Now, I can look back on that relationship and give thanks for what it brought to my life at that time...and smile.

Change

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)