Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday

It’s that time again – Wishcasting Wednesday at Jamie Ridler’s Studio!  Jamie's question for today is… 
How do you wish to be brave?
I read this quote recently & it has me thinking… 
Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. It just keeps returning with new names, forms, and manifestations until we learn whatever it was to teach us about where we are separating ourselves from reality, how we are pulling back instead of opening up, closing down instead of allowing ourselves to experience fully whatever we encounter, without hesitating or retreating into ourselves.  ~ Pema Chodron
I have asked myself on many occasions what it is I need to learn from a situation that seems to be returning again and again.  After reading this quote, I will begin to search for the answer a bit differently by noticing where I’m holding back, closing down and/or retreating into myself. 

I think this resonates with me since I am someone who tends to close down when I’m coming from a fear perspective instead of stepping into it & experiencing what the situation has to offer.  My Mom always says to me “do it afraid” when I talk to her about being hesitant.  When I have, the results have always been WAY better than all the terrible things I envision in my head.

Maybe these lessons that I have been searching for are not revealed unless I am willing to step into them instead of retreating.  What if they come back again & again because I retreat in fear again & again.  For example, when I hold back telling someone how I feel because I'm not willing to risk rejection, think I'm not good enough so I don't bother trying, or worry too much about what others may think.  By holding back because we are too afraid to experience the lows in life - being unwilling to even take the chance - we inevitably don't get to experience the highs either.

Just maybe the answer is in the doing!  What if what I wanted to achieve and experience in life was on the other side of fear?  Just waiting for me to be brave enough to say YES…and just do it!  I will never know unless I step into it and experience all it has to offer - the good, the bad, the ugly...the beautiful.        

My wish is to step into it & do it brave!   

How do you wish to be brave?  Click here to Wish.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

6 comments:

  1. As you wish for yourself I also wish for you. Trisha Air Kisses! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wish - "step into it and do it brave" I think that says it all. As Sandy wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you intend for yourself, I too am aligned with you.

    Risk is strength

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully wished! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)