Friday, September 19, 2014

{...her message...} 98:108


After the first layer of this painting, I initially saw a woman looking over her shoulder.  
I started working with that image and it morphed into this girl as I painted.  
One of my friends mentioned that she looked shy. 
 At that very moment, I realized her message to me.  

I see her with the feathers in her fiery red hair...so full of joy and innocence and light.  
Then some one tells her in one way or another she can't be her.  
She needs to act or be a certain way.  
She needs to follow the rules and be like everyone else.  
This is where she begins hiding her light.  
This is where she becomes shy & withdrawn.

Her first moment of shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)