Sunday, June 22, 2014

{...her calling...} 10:108


I began reading a book about Goddess Inanna and Persephone this weekend.  The idea of looking into your shadow side is definitely intriguing to me since we are light & dark.  I feel the shadows are those things that lurk in your closet so to speak - that you push to the corners and hope the dust will cover them up eventually.  They may appear to be covered up, but until you dust them off and truly look at them...they are always still there.  I feel this side of yourself needs to be embraced as part of you.  As all work on the inside, it is challenging, but I feel it will be well worth the work.

I feel like I have been walking in this unknown for years, knowing there is more but not knowing how to move to that next level, reading & reading but that only brought about small changes, going in circles by letting my past and interpretation of events keep me stuck. 

"It means confronting what I have been avoiding 
and I have a lot invested in keeping myself hidden"

I feel like I have been walking in this unknown for years, knowing there is more but not knowing how to move to that next level, reading & reading but that only brought about small changes, going in circles by letting my past and interpretation of events keep me stuck. It talks of surrender...not to think of surrendering as loosing something but as gifting it to the divine. Then it asks you...what are you willing to give up for transformation?  Wow...what a question - what AM I willing to give up?  It talks about stripping down to nothing to know you are not THAT and you - YOU - are still there even after letting all go. I don’t feel that means walk away from everything in my life, but to know these “things” and even my story of myself and the story of my life that I have crafted is not who I am and you must surrender to come to this knowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)