Monday, December 2, 2013

{fifth grade} the viola

{me} 5th grade

I came across this photo the other day when my cousin, who I haven't seen in many years, came by my house for a visit.  It is a photo booth picture of my step-sister, Dawn, and me (on the right) from 1975. 
 I would have been in 5th grade and 11 years old.  

I realized later that day that this is the exact age I was when I wanted to play the viola.  In 5th grade the school offered lessons for a few weeks for those interested in string instruments for orchestra.  
I walked from the elementary school to the middle school for those weeks and practiced.  I loved it. 
 Then came time to ask your parents to purchase an instrument.  
I was too scared to ask so I just stopped going. 
 I never picked up a viola again.  

I have always wondered why I was so afraid...
and, of course, how awesome it would have been to have played.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)