Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." ~ Neil Gaimen

"And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

I was reading an article by Tammy Vitale on her blog - Women, Art, Life - and her suggestion for 2011 is...
"Instead of a list of resolutions, or even, lately as is the custom, one word to guide us through an entire year, I suggest that we leave ourselves open to what arises in praxis as a result of both action and reflection. Let us choose a question to guide us until we have integrated the answer and then let us move on to another question."
I like this idea of questions. To me, it leaves you open to even more possibilites. javascript:void(0)In response to the quotes above, my first questions are...
How will you surprise yourself?

What will you welcome in 2011?
These are great questions to ask as I refelct upon the past year and contemplate what things I want to do, be & become in this new year.

And you...what is your question for 2011?

(to read the rest of Tammy's article check out http://tammyvitale.com/weblog/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)