Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday

Time for another Wishcasting Wednesday! I have a new love for Wednesdays…thank you Jamie!

Today the question is…

What gifts do you wish to share?

I have to say, it is interesting when a question is asked, and when you take time to really think about it, you get an answer you didn’t really expect. Of course, after reading the question, I had to ask myself what are MY gifts? I could say my art, but I felt there is something deeper – as I believe that your art is a reflection of your heart, your soul.

As Emerson states “In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can inspire”.

What is my heart inspiring to share?

I have heard it said many times that you share what you need to learn. I think my blog title tells it all – I’m beautifully imperfect! I have spent years reading books to figure out how I need to change to make a better life. Or at least that is I how I interpreted it..I needed to change.  Honestly, I'd read a book (many, many books) then think to myself "thats all well & good, but HOW do I do it?".  I wanted someone to give me a checklist of exactly what I needed to do and how I needed to think in order to obtain this spectacular life.

It wasn’t until I started reading about imperfection (a nod to Brene Brown – her blog & books helped opened my eyes). It was OK to be me…I am just perfect as just me - I am enough. What I was searching for all the time was right here. I just needed to embrace ME. It seems so simple…yet, so profound.

We all know those things that make us feel truly happy while we are doing them and can feel that connection to our true selves. That YOU…that’s the you I believe that needs to be shared with the world. How? I believe adding more and more things to each and everyday that you love – bringing out the true you to play.

Brene talks about letting go of what people think & practicing courage in her book "Gifts of Imperfection". I just LOVE the definition of courage she gives…
"Letting go of our prerequisites for worthiness means making the long walk from "What will people think?" to "I am enough." But, like all great journeys, this walk starts with one step, and the first step is practicing courage.

The root of the word courage is cor -- the Latin word for heart. In one of its earliest forms, the word courage had a very different definition than it does today. Courage originally meant to speak one's mind by telling all one's heart."
Don't you just love it?!!!  Speak one's mind by telling one's heart.

My wish...I wish to courageously share my gifts of imperfection! Imperfect & beautiful me. 

What imperfection do you want to embrace & share?  As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

Check out Brene Brown's blog

Link to Wishcasting Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. As you wish for yourself I also wish for you. Great wishes. Brene does some awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful wish so beautifully stated. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brene's work is great. As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wishes! As you wish for yourself, I wish this for you as well.
    Brene's work, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Sandy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    What a joy to read your wish and to feel your passion for what you stand for! May all of your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. You have a very sensible head on your shoulders and a true heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh, this good, Sandy, thank you. I think I have been sharing the gifts of my imperfection, and been very transparent about my flaws, but feeling quite a bit of resistance around it and reading this helps me free it up a bit. I think somehow I started to believe that because I am life coach, I really couldn't allow myself to be that flawed. The old, who am I to... anything really, comes up a lot for me. But I am loving this embracing of the imperfection and seeing it as a gift. As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you wish for yourself I wish it for you too. You beautiful woman you! Jacs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete

love, love, love to hear from you...thanks for taking the time! :-)